Monday, May 16, 2011

National EMS Week.....

So it's National EMS Week..
A profession, nah  a lifestyle very near and dear to me for many reasons. First and foremost cause it was my one true love !!!!
I started in Fire and quickly discovered though it and the guys I worked with was awesome it wasn't what I wanted to do with my life. So off to medic school I went , 
Total love at first crack of the book :). 
Several years and one back injury too many , I left ems for a calmer career in as a nursing assistant. I love what I do but still miss being on the streets something fierce !!!!!!
However I retain the awesome, unbreakable bond of friendship with a few that I worked with and with social media I've met and made friends with sooooooo many more.
EMS is a thankless, underpaid career to say the least. I don't know of any less respected and lower paid than the fine men and women that work in EMS. 
So this week is for you and I hope someone (besides me) takes the time to say Thank You !!!! For your time, your sacrifice , your awesome dedication not just to your patients but to EMS as a whole !!!! 
Take time his week to pat yourself on the back, you've earned it many times over on a nightly basis !!!!!!!!!
Now that each and every one of you in my world that are out there, you are thought of and many prayers offered to you every single day.  You are the most awesome ppl I know and so many of you now hold a veryyyyyyy special place in my heart. 
I'm not gonna list names here for fear of forgetting someone but you know who u are, u have my phone number lol and know (I hope) that I'm here for you always and forever. 
Hugs and Much Love to you all !!!!
Happy EMS week 
and mostly 
THANK YOU 
for being you and doing what you do !!!!!!!


Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment