Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Breast cancer Awareness

So the blog is now pink and the picture has been changed. From last month's male specific cancer to this month's much more noted Breast Cancer Awareness.
This month's blogs are harder for me to write. Those that read my blogs on a regular basis have read Kathy's story and know why as I sit here tonight trying to form the words, The tears fall freely.
You see Kathy was my VERY best friend in life EVER and for always but she lost her battle with breast cancer and is no longer here with me, or her amazing girls and grandchildren. She would be sooooooooo proud of them.
And as I'm dealing with Kathy's illness and eventual passing, another amazing , amazing friend discovers she too has breast cancer. Nita however was one of the lucky ones, She's a SURVIVOR two years cancer free now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This two causes the tears to flow and to thank God every single day that she is still here with me. She's a brat but I need her :). She's gone through so much and fought so hard. She had the amazing support of her husband, Ted, and her nest friend, Sandy. Along with many others !!!!!
Breast Cancer has a high survival rate if found and treated early . Please do your self exams , have your mammograms and talk to your Dr. about your risk factors. Encourage the ladies and men in your life to immediately have anything unusual checked !!!!
Yes I said men too, this is NOT a female specific disease , men can get breast cancer as well !!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Babe :) I have specific blogs for each of these amazing women to post as well sometime this month but they are harder to write and cause many more tears :). But I shall get em done and up :). You my dear are an amazing inspiration !!!!!!!!
    Hugssssssssss

    ReplyDelete