Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

I intentionally scheduled a road trip this would weekend that would include most of today. The last weeks and days leading up to today have been horrific. Lack of sleep, tears, nightmares, flashbacks, tears, tears and more tears !!!!!!!!
I knew this year would be hard, too much press, too much hoopla , too much everything !!!
I tried to pretend like it wasn't happening. I stayed busy.. I planned a trip with mom, I worked every overtime hour I could get, I changed the subject, I got involved with supporting, donation and blogging for Kilted to Kick Cancer.
It all helped but it wasn't enough. 
I don't want it to be forgotten, I don't want one American to wonder why our men and women in uniform are in Iraq and Afghanistan , not now not ever !!!!! Many innocent souls lost their lives that day. 343 Brothers didn't go home from their last tour. Many police officers walked their last beat that day.  I don't wanna forget........ I just wanna not be paralyzed by it all any longer. You see I was there to help, to search, to see the utter devastation......... I was there within days and for weeks...... searching, collecting body parts .......... I just want to not still smell the burning flesh, to still feel the heat on my feet.......... 
I was just coming home from work , turned on the tv and watched in utter disbelief with the rest of the world. I cried, I hurt for them all and I got pissed that someone dare attack us on out on soil !!!!!!!! I hugged my family and friends a lil tighter, told them I love them more often and still do. Mostly though I cried and cried ........
10 years later I've not forgotten, I will NEVER forget....... As I sit here tonight Jeff's hat on my head , tears ago running down my face ....... I again offer the same prays for the family ,l friends and brotherhood of those that didn't survive. 
And as I hold the grand baby in my lap...... I offer a prayer to be ever more thankful to be here and for all that I have !!!!!!!!
Hugssssss
Shell 

No comments:

Post a Comment