Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

I've thought and debated and struggled with how I want this post to read.......
You see Father's Day is an amazingly difficult and emotional day for me believe it or not.
My birth dad is no longer with us and I miss him every single day :(
The man I knew as Dad ALL my life has moved to Rhode Island and no longer keeps in touch with his kids and grand kids.

So this year I've decided to honor 3 special men in my life .. My 2 Brothers and My Mom's Fiance'

Brian James, where do I begin .... You're a wonderful dad, husband , son, brother and friend. You have always been there no matter what I needed or when. You got me in much trouble and took the blame for me often too. You put together more toys and bikes and stuff for me than most ppl do in a lifetime. You've kicked ass for me and kicked mine when it was needed as well. I've watched u grow into a man so sure and proud and yet I know that heart of gold is beneath of the *badass* exterior.  You've taught me so much and despite being *The Baby* in many ways you've been *Dad* to me , my kids and I'm sure u shall be to Buddha as well :). I love you

Jackie Eugene. Again where do I start you too are a wonderful dad, husband, son, brother and friend, Always the sneaky, quiet one lol You were always right there with anything Brian and I pulled and you too took the blame for me more than once. You are always there for me as well but with you a couple things really stand out.  You were the reason I had a chance to say good-bye to Steve. Though you were moving and painting , you dropped it all to come take me to the hospital. You were also there when I had the kids . you were my primary babysitter for 2 years .... that takes a lot for anyone and you were just a teenager yourself. You too taught me soo much as well , my kids and Buddha couldn't ask for better role models than you and Brian. I love you

Rick .. OMG ... I don't even know what to say ..... You brought such happiness to Mom and that itself made me love you in ways you'll never know. You made her smile and laugh again and enjoy life. You gave me my Mom back. How do I ever say Thank You enough for that. Then I got to know YOU and what an amazing man you are in your own right. I quickly knew you was gonna be my best friend at the very least and you were. You brought me ( a virtual stranger still then) a gift, my doggie, and still my fav possession of all times. When my Dad broke my heart and that of my child. Never ever will I be able to tell you what that meant to me then and now.  You became my confident, my friend, My DAD. You've listened to me cry and vent and laugh. You've been there for my kids in ways no one else ever has been. Though the words don't begin to say how I feel.... I Love You Dad !!!!!!!!

Happy Father's Day to each of you..... I love you all sooooooooo very much
Hugs
Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment